Birth: Name Christopher Chace Crawford
Born: July 18, 1985 in Lubbock, Texas, USA
Height: 5′ 10″ (1.78 m)
Christopher Chace Crawford was born in Lubbock, Texas, the son of Dana (Plott), a teacher, and Chris Wayne Crawford, a dermatologist. He grew up in Plano, Texas, and has a younger sister, Candice Crawford Romo, who studied broadcast journalism and won the Miss Missouri USA title in 2008. Chace played football and golf in high school, and is a talented artist. He graduated from Trinity Christian Academy in 2003. Although he worked as a model in Dallas, he never pursued acting. He moved to Malibu, California, to attend Pepperdine University after high school where he was a member of the Sigma Nu fraternity. He struggled to identify a career path, vacillating between advertising, business and communications majors. Midway through his second year, his mother encouraged him to pursue acting. He credits her for initiating this move. She stated that “it was a practical move,” based on a career aptitude test he had taken in high school, which revealed he was best suited for a career in the performing arts. He was signed by the first talent agent that interviewed him and then committed full-time to acting studies.
In 2006, Chace appeared in Lifetime’s television movie Long Lost Son (2006), where he plays the son of Gabrielle Anwar’s character. That same year, he starred alongside Steven Strait, Taylor Kitsch, Sebastian Stan and Toby Hemingway in the horror/thriller movie, The Covenant (2006). The year 2007 was a big break for Chace. He became one of the leads in CW’s drama, Gossip Girl (2007). Among his cast members on the show are Penn Badgley, Leighton Meester & Ed Westwick. In the year 2008, Chace was seen in the movie Loaded (2008), opposite Jesse Metcalfe. He also got involved in the independent movie, The Haunting of Molly Hartley (2008) with Haley Bennett. His other guest appearance includes a stint on the Family Guy (1999) episode Family Guy: The Former Life of Brian (2008). Other than being involved in more acting projects, the year 2008 proved to be an even better year for Chace as he won the Choice TV Breakout Star Male at the Teen Choice Award.
- His parents are Chris and Dana (Plott) Crawford.
- Played on the golf team throughout high school
- Has a younger sister named Candice Crawford Romo.
- Lived in Bloomington, Minnesota for a few years as a child. Attended Ridgeview Elementary.
- Voted ‘Best Dressed’ his senior year of High School.
- His younger sister, Candice Crawford Romo, is Miss Missouri USA 2008.
- Was named “Hottest Bachelor” by People magazine in 2009.
- Charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession in Plano, Texas on June 11, 2010.
- Brother-in-law of Tony Romo.
- Attended teen acting classes at KD College in Dallas, Texas.
- He was the new face of diet Coke for 2012.
- Is good friends with his The Covenant (2006) co-stars Sebastian Stan and Toby Hemingway.
- Filming the 2nd season of Gossip Girl (2007). [June 2008]
- He is of mainly English ancestry, along with Scottish, Scots-Irish (Northern Irish), and German, roots. On his father’s side, he is the grandson of Willis Turner Crawford and Drunette (Joines), and on his mother’s side, he is the grandson of Herman Howell Plott and Wanda Marie (Bates).
- Ranked as the #12 Sexiest Man by Glamour in 2011.
- Named one of the “25 Hotties at 25” by People magazine (2011).
- Was considered for Steve Rogers/Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011).
- His maternal grandfather, The Rev. Herman Howell Plott, was an ordained minister in the Church of the Nazarene, and had served as Senior Adult Pastor at Whaley United Methodist Church.